Wednesday, August 17, 2005

email sleuth

I think it kind of amusing that I have gone from finding email addresses of people for one job, to finding email addresses for my current job. I suspect I could do it much faster if I just called up the phone numbers I'm so often given along with a name and company to look up, but I really don't like calling up strangers so I can ask them to give me their email address.

Instead, I like to hone my internet detective skills and see how many of them I can get without touching the phone at all. So far, I feel I've done pretty well. I'd estimate at least 85% found without calls, at least among the ones I ultimately ended up getting. If there was a higher rate of call return, the percentage would be lower, but it seems that many people don't really pay any mind to the voicemails left by interns calling up out of the blue to ask for contact information.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

this has nothing to do with your post: why did you choose pantsfarm as the name for your blog?

8/19/2005 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home