Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fall Lineup

When you write a letter, do you typically type it out, edit and revise it until finely honed, then finally transcribe it by hand to the page to send? Personally, and I suspect it shows, I do not. I simply take up a pen, grab some paper, and start writing what comes to mind. This undoubtedly results in a letter that is far from perfect, or even good, writing. There are probably countless grammatical problems, and even some spelling errors here and there I suspect.

I don't feel particularly concerned about presenting myself through a written letter in a way that must always be the best possible. But why am I so willing to accept low quality letter writing while being so much more demanding in other activities? If I were writing a paper, I would type it up, and revise heavily, because I'd want to present the best work that I could. When writing a letter, it too will be subject to the scrutiny of at least one other person, and so why does it not merit the same consideration?

Oh well. I was looking up the broadcast TV lineup for the coming Fall and it's going to be pretty tricky. I don't usually manage to watch TV as it's broadcast anyway, opting instead to watch it later when I have time, but even still, there's a lot of shows that I'd like to keep watching, and a couple shows that I'm interested in trying out to start watching.

Of course, TV is a pretty lousy way for me to spend my time, and at this rate, if I keep trying to follow more and more series, I'm going to find myself watching a relatively quite large amount of TV. I suspect it'll be pretty interesting to see how this year plays out with Alias and the OC in the same timeslot. I also wonder how Freddie Prinze Jr. got his own sitcom.

Too bad I don't get cable. Weeds looks like it might be pretty amusing.

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

what?! freddie prinze jr. has his own show? what is it???

8/02/2005 4:35 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

It's called Freddie. You can read the description on the link above, or you can read about it on Freddie's own site, I think. Premiers Oct 5 I believe.

8/02/2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home