Wednesday, October 05, 2005

office hours

I wrote up this post, the I hit ctrl-w to close the window that was in the foreground, but this stupid linux shit closed the tab in the window in the background because somehow it was still active. In all these years it's been so long since I lost something I wrote up to a dumb error like that. Shit.

Anyway, it's for the best, here's a short version of what I wanted to say:

  • I haven't been to office hours for any class for a long time. This is because I always make up excuses, I don't know why I have such an aversion to going.

  • Today I was going to go to office hours for some help, but ultimately I didn't go because I went to the library instead, and worked through the questions I was going to ask, and so since I haven't started the next homework yet, I wouldn't have anything good to ask, even though I am still pretty bad at working with this stuff. I am making the perhaps unwarranted assumption that were I to ask how I might get more comfortable with this kind of thing, the answer would simply be to do more problems out of the book for practice.

  • I started going to the library to avoid getting distracted.

  • Now I get kind of distracted at the library, though not as much, because I keep checking out books I've been meaning to read, and accumulating them in "my" (not my, long story) locker.

When I put it like that, I really typed a lot of words when I didn't have to. And given the length of this, you can only imagine what crap I must have had before. I really need to take a break and watch that I don't descend into completely irrelevant rambling with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home