Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Google Talk

Oh snap Google has entered the IM fray with Google Talk. It's using the Jabber protocol which is pretty cool. They've got their own client if you're on windows, and if you are ok with a slight functionality hit, you can use it with gaim or something. Of course, if you're like me, you can use it with Adium (because other OSX chat clients suck [*cough*ichat*cough {not actually sucky, I just find it really frustrating}]).

Anyhow, it seems cool, even if I can't get it to play nice with Adium for myself. I intend to waste a lot of time at work tomorrow playing with the google client and with gaim though. It seems you need a gmail account, or at least a google account or something though, but as far as I can tell, they're just giving those away at this point. If not, they're still giving everybody and their brother invites to burn though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home