Thursday, September 22, 2005

idle hands are the devil's tools

It's terrible. Even though I sit here at my desk doing practice LSATs for large chunks of my day, I find myself struggling to fill the time nonetheless. And when I get bored, I get to the Internet, and when I get to the Internet, I always end up stumbling across some random gadget or deal or thing that I convince myself that I should buy.

So, today, I didn't buy anything yet, but, the seeds have been sown. I imagine if my interest doesn't dissipate in a couple of days, I'll probalby end up buying stuff I don't really need, but for the moment really want. Already I've purchased one of those one-use CVS video recorders, and ebay'd a cable such that I might try and hack it. I barely even know how to use a soldering iron!

I've only been here without anything to do for two days! Maybe tomorrow I'll go downtown on a search for Shaeffer ink cartidges to distract myself from buying random shit. Yes, I realize that to stop myself from buying one set of things I will instead spend money to transport myself somewhere where I can buy a different set of things. But I expect I'll actually use the ink, unless of course I do something stupid and impulsively buy gold-colored ink or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home