Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tables, they turn sometimes.

Last year when Doc showed the 2005 Animation Show, there was this one called Hello (imdb, animation show). At the time, I thought it amusing, but ultimately not very noteworthy, when compared to something like the hilarious Ward 13 (imdb, animation show). Lately though, I was reminded of Hello by not just one but many... well not conversations but brief interactions with other people in which it really seems to only be snippets of lyrics and quotes back and forth.

(As an aside, this is a fun toy to play with, though it's not quite what I am talking about.)

That is, I or they would leave put up an away message or something which would be a fragment out of a movie quote or song lyrics or something of that sort, and then the other would reply in kind, with a different, but related, fragment. Maybe this back and forth would be punctuated by a few brief non-quoted remarks, but mostly the conversation would sputter out, never having really begun.

I don't know, it just seemed peculiar how it seems to me like I've had unusually many of these exchanges in the absence of other more substantial things to discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home