Saturday, September 17, 2005

people without names

EDIT: September 18, 2005 -- It's been brought to my attention that apparently the post I referred to and all that doesn't seem to any longer exist. This strikes me as either craven or coincidence and I'm not sure what to make of it.

So I was looking over the logs for my site and saw there was some Chicago dialup user who decided to spend some 30 minutes or so reading my site. They were referred from my 43things site, so I assumed they found me from googling my name. I briefly considered who that might be, and when I couldn't figure it out, gave up and paid it no mind.

But then, shortly thereafter, I noticed this shitless character linking to me and I get curious. So I go, and I read the latest (at the time of writing) entry. Well, let me tell you, I have firmly landed my suspicions as to who was reading on this guy.

So, with that said, I guess I may as well address the questions posited by this Sam fellow. Actually, I'll go ahead with full disclosure of everything I can think of. I have met this Sam character in person, though it seems apparent that he does not recall as much. If I recall correctly, I know of this character because we shared a Greek Thought and Lit course way back when, and moreover, I believe he's been working in Harper at times when I have checked out books or something.

Yes, it is peculiar that I should know of these other people. To be fair, those are pretty much outdated entries on delicious, and this has now been rectified. As to the rest of the so-called friend overlap, I'm afraid it is so, there are people that your friends know, who are not you.

And now, in all honesty, I'm rather quite surprised at how much has been read about me. My last.fm profile hasn't been updated since the beginning of the Summer, when I stopped having a computer of my own to play music on, and I'm not even sure who Rilo Kiley is. I'm not sure why he's so paranoid, but then, I don't know why I am either. Ok that's enough tense confusion for one night. I haven't even googled this guy yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home