Friday, September 16, 2005

personal stationery?

Paging down through the news aggregator this morning, I stumbled across this link to the NYTimes. It's an article about some woman who decided to go out and buy personal stationery. Ultimately she spent something around $500 dollars for a set of 100 cards and envelopes and so forth. This strikes me as... a bit much, though it did give me pause to consider my recent choices of envelopes and paper.

Lately in my written correspondence, I've been choosing whatever envelopes and paper I could find laying around or if necessary, purchase for the least amount. It seems like it wouldn't take very much to improve to the level of, well, I don't know, but better, for not too much cost. Of course, I expect that as the Summer comes to a close, my letter writing will drop off drastically as well. Such is life when suddenly I'm living within a few blocks of some of the people I was writing to.

With that in mind, I guess I'll continue to not use fancy stationery and instead I'll just quote a line from the article I like, "In this age of e-mail and cellphone text messages, a handwritten note with a real stamp in the upper corner arrives with the urgency of a telegram."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home