Thursday, September 22, 2005

a random cross-section

Yesterday, I decided to take out this poster I have, and flatten it such that I might hang it up soon. To do so, I grabbed a random selection of books off my shelf and placed them around the poster.

Today, I was looking at the books that happened to end up around my poster, and thought it painted an interesting little view of me. Here's what ended up on top (most are single books, but a few are little stacks of paperbacks, but looking from where I am, I can't see any but the top books):

Quicksilver, by Neal Stephenson
A First Course in Probability, by Sheldon Ross (text for STAT 251 if I recall correctly)
Java - Software Solutions, by Lewis and Lofts (text for this silly CMSC course I took first year for elective credit)
The Theory of Poker, by David Sklansky
Thursday Night Poker, by Peter O. Steiner
Watchmen, by Alan moore
Backgammon, by Paul Magriel
A First Course in Abstract Algebraa, by John B. Fraleigh (text for MATH 25something, Basic Algebra I-III)
Mona Lisa Overdrive, by William Gibson
The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
Catch-22, by Joseph Heller
Advanced Calculus - A Course in Mathematical Analysis, by Patrick M. Fitzpatrick (text for MATH 203-205, Analysis in Rn)


To me, it seems like an uncharacteristically math and computer science heavy selection. Though I guess last year I didn't actually take much ECON at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home